Apple has updated the MacBook pros with the latest Intel i5 and i7 processors this morning.
The 15 inch MacBook pro is now available with an 2.4 or 2.53 GHz i5 or a 2.66 GHz i7 Processor, and the 17 is now has the 2.53 GHz i5 processor.
iPhone OS 4 was announced on Thursday, and its got a lot of great new features:
- You can now multitask between apps. The UI is very well designed and is accessed by double tapping the home button.
- Audio apps like Pandora can now continue to play in the background.
- VOIP apps such as Skype can receive calls when you’re doing something else, and you can switch to another app without dropping a call.
- Apps can now receive notifications when your location changed which are triggered when you change cell towers.
- Apps can now display local notifications which are like push notifications but are generated locally by the app.
- You can now create folders on the home screen which allow you to group apps however you like. This is a great feature which has been needed for a long time!
- You can put folders in the dock.
- You can now change the wallpaper for the home page and the lock screen.
- Unified inbox. Messages from multiple accounts now appear in one inbox.
- Organize messages by thread.
- Open attachments.
- Developers can easily add ads to their apps and earn 60% of the revenue.
- Users access interactive ads within apps and can return to the app where they left off.
- iBooks is now available on iPhone
Here’s a very handy iPhone app from Erica Sadun that makes it easy for your beta testers to send you their iPhone’s UDID: